Investor supervision inspector – in accordance with the Construction Law, a participant in the construction process, who must have construction qualifications to perform an independent technical function in construction, technical knowledge and professional practice adapted to the complexity of construction works.
Investor supervision inspector may be established voluntarily by the investor or obligatorily under the order issued in the building permit decision.
The appointment of an investor’s supervision inspector on the construction site allows the investor to secure its interests related to the construction.
Construction works supervision inspector.
Inspector of road works supervision
Supervision inspector of bridge works
Supervision inspector of sanitary and plumbing works
Supervision inspector of electrical works
Supervision inspector of telecommunication works
Supervision inspector of electrical works
- representing the investor on the construction site by exercising compliance control of its re alignment with the design and building permit, regulations and principles of technical knowledge and the concluded contract,
- checking the quality of the works performed and the built-in construction products, in particular preventing the use of faulty construction products and not approved for use in construction,
- checking and acceptance of construction works subject to covering or disappearing, participation in tests and technical acceptance of installations, technical devices as well as preparation and participation in the activities of acceptance of ready-made building objects and handing them over for use,
- confirmation of actually performed works and removal of defects,
- verification of completeness and issuing opinions on documentation submitted by the contractor in terms of the requirements included in the contract,
- Control of settlements and project documentation,
- Cooperation in the preparation of tender documentation (ToR),
- Preparing and updating the schedule of the entrusted task,
- Supervision of the implementation of works in accordance with the schedule and budget,
- Preparation of reports on the implementation of tasks,
- Completing documents and materials necessary for the acceptance of works and settlement of the investment task,
- Participation in obtaining a permit to operate buildings and installations,
- Participation in the start-up of equipment and installations as well as in acceptance works at individual stages of the investment.
- Higher education in construction,
- Developed analytical skills,
- Very good organization of own work,
- Good knowledge of MS Office,
- Driving license and driving practice,
- Unlimited construction qualifications to direct and supervise works in a given specialty,
- Working knowledge of building regulations and procedures related to construction investments.
- Min. 5 years of experience as a supervision inspector / construction manager / works manager,
The salaries of a building supervision inspector depend on the experience and length of service.
Minimum earnings: PLN 4000. net
Average earnings: 5000 PLN. net
Above average earnings: 5000 – 8000 PLN. net
Inspectors in the state sector have different salaries, the net salary ranges from PLN 2,500 to PLN 3,000.
This amount does not include bonuses and 13 premiums.
Bonuses: depending on the company
REGULATION OF THE MINISTER OF INFRASTRUCTURE of November 19, 2001 on the types of construction works, the implementation of which requires the appointment of an investor’s supervision inspector.
§ 1. The ordinance specifies the types of construction works, the implementation of which requires the appointment of an investor’s supervision inspector, and the list of construction objects and technical criteria to be followed by the authority when imposing on the investor the obligation to appoint an investor’s supervision inspector.
§ 2. 1. The appointment of an investor’s supervision inspector is required for the construction of buildings:
1) public utility and collective housing with a cubature of 2,500 m3 and more,
2) entered in the register of monuments, in terms of reconstruction, expansion and reconstruction or renovation,
3) buildings and structures:
a) with a height above the ground of 15 m and more,
b) containing a potentially explosive room within the meaning of fire regulations,
c) requiring consideration ground movements, including those caused by mining exploitation,
d) with an installed electric power of 1,000 kW and more,
e) technical with a cubature of over 2,500 m3, related to the construction works referred to in point 12,
4) all types of bridge structures, including viaducts, flyovers and other similar structures,
5) earth dams and flood embankments 3 m high and higher or protecting cities, villages, agricultural and forest areas with an area of less than 1,000 ha and technical structures related to these structures,
6) damming structures with a water table level difference of 3 m and above and retaining walls 3 m and above,
7) ground and underground tank structures for solid materials, liquid and gaseous:
a) dangerous to people, property and the environment,
b) with a height or depression of 5 m and more,
8) inland water intakes and pumping stations with a capacity of more than 300 m3 / h or a depth of 100 and more,
9) water and sewage treatment plants with a capacity of 50 m3 / h and more,
10) for the storage and disposal, use or disposal of waste,
11) power lines with a voltage of 110 kV and more, as well as electrical, distribution and processing stations associated with them,
12) telecommunication lines and radio – long-distance (international, intercity and intra-zone) and lines between exchanges,
13) gas networks:
a) gas pipelines with a nominal pressure of 5 kPa and more,
b) gas pipelines with a nominal pressure up to 5 kPa and diameters pipes larger than 150 mm, except for gas connections with a pressure not exceeding 400 kPa,
c) gas compressor station facilities,
d) gas station facilities equipped with at least two reduction lines,
14) pipelines and facilities and related devices:
– traditional with a diameter of 310 mm and more,
– pre-insulated with a diameter of 200 mm and more,
b) water supply with a diameter of 200 mm and greater and the channel insulation with a diameter of 400 mm and more,
c) other transporting a liquid or gaseous medium dangerous to people, property and the environment,
15) national, provincial and district roads and directly related construction facilities, including road tunnels and other structures,
16) inland navigation and drainage channels,
17) drainage networks in the area of over 100 ha,
18) energy channels,
19) railroads, including those intended for traffic buildings, structures and devices,
20) rope and cable-terrain transport devices for public transport of passengers for tourism and sports purposes,
21) structures of the air traffic area at airports.
2. The appointment of an investor’s supervision inspector is also required for the implementation of construction works, not listed in par. 1, subject to environmental impact assessment, specified in the provisions on spatial development and environmental protection and shaping.
§ 3. The appointment of an investor’s supervision inspector is also required for the construction of buildings or parts thereof, which include:
1) structural systems, such as coatings, shells, shields, arches and domes, and rope hanging regardless of their span, as well as foundations other than simple footings and footings erected directly on a stable load-bearing soil,
2) structural elements: a) with a span of 12 m and more, a projection of 3 m and more, or with a height of one storey 6 m and above ,
b) subjected to a usable load of 5 kN / m2 and more, a variable moving load, and also dimensioned taking into account dynamic and thermal influences, material shrinkage or movements of supports,
c) stressed at the construction site or at the place of their installation in building structure, as well as protected for prestressing tendons and their anchoring devices.
§ 4. The competent authority, in the decision on the building permit or in the decision on the permit to resume construction works, imposes the obligation to appoint an investor’s supervision inspector of a specific specialty, with the appointment of a provision of the regulation appropriate for a given facility.